Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Discovering pure Essential oils, and what a discovery it was!

I started with essential oils way back in the day about 13 years ago. I took a local herb class where we made salves and other home remedies and  was given a few small vials of oregano, and tea tree oil. I used them some and my toddler son got a hold of the oregano one day and got it in his eye he wailed. I wish I would have known then to use oil instead of water because any attempts to help only made it  worse. You see oil and water are polar opposites and when you use water to clean up essential oil it only draws it in deeper, whoops.

I didn't do much with essential oils for a long time after that, not sure that experience made me stay away or if it was unrelated but, it wasn't  until several years later when  I was in Esthectian school (you know the lady who gives you a facial and waxes your brows) that I experienced oils agian. And I did not like them one bit. We had one whole  day where we mixed our own fragrances and learned about aromatherapy, eww. I have a very sentive nose and cant really wear perfume and ylang ylang made me sick. These were not high quality oils but cheap synthetic oils that were aweful. So when I gratuated and ventured to have my own spa, I bought a few but never really used them.

 Shortly after I stared researching recipes for homemade lotions and potions that I realized I had not really experienced a pure oil. I found several articles and blogs where people praised the power of Pure Oils, DoTerra had and I wanted some now. I didn't know anyone who sold these oils and ordered the little 3 pack of lemon lavender and peppermint from someone on ebay!  When I my oils arrived I quickly noticed the difference these oils!They didn't make my head hurt or cause me to sneeze the true test was the lavender. I hated everything lavender and liked this! The difference being this wasn't a synthetic oil!
I quickly went through my oils and wanted more!! I just had to figure out who to get them from. I had made some all purpose salves taken fevers and headaches away with the peppermint and drank up all the lemon in my water. I knew I wanted someone close and local so I waited and waited. Until one day a friend posted on her fb that she was having an oil class at her house and that is how I meet the fabulous teacher and Doctor who I have been so fortunate to learn how to  be a healer in my own home and take ownership of my own health.

No comments:

Post a Comment